2016 VOLKSWAGEN E-GOLF: VERSATILE, FUN-TO-DRIVE,
ZERO TAILPIPE EMISSIONS
- New value-oriented e-Golf SE lowers the price of entry to e-mobility with a starting price of $28,995 and $199/month lease offer
- New MIB II infotainment system brings USB connectivity and smartphone integration with VW Car-Net® App-Connect technology
- New Driver Assistance Package offers Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist) and Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist)
- 116 combined MPGe puts e-Golf at top of the 2016 compact EV class
- Roadside Assistance Plan helps take the anxiety out of “range anxiety”
- Holistic approach to e-mobility includes a carbon offset program
With a starting price of $28,995 (plus $820 destination and delivery), the e-Golf SE brings a high level of standard equipment to the compact EV class. Standard features include: 16-inch aluminum-alloy wheels; signature LED DRLs in the front bumper; leather-wrapped shifter knob; heatable front seats; Climatronic dual zone automatic climate control; MIB II Composition Media touchscreen infotainment system with USB and VW Car-Net App-Connect; SiriusXM Satellite Radio; Bluetooth connectivity; VW Car-Net connected services; rearview camera; and rain-sensing windshield wipers. A DC Fast Charging Package (late availability) consists of a charging port behind the fuel filler door and a 7.2kW on-board charger for $1,675.
With a starting price of $35,595 (plus $820 destination and delivery), the e-Golf SEL Premium adds to the features of the SE: LED headlights; a heat pump; a 7.2 kW onboard charger; DC fast charging capability; V-Tex leatherette seating surfaces; leather-wrapped multifunction steering wheel; MIB II Discover Pro touchscreen navigation system; cruise control; ambient lighting with illuminated doorsill scuff plates; and Park Distance Control (Park Pilot). A Driver Assistance Package (late availability) is offered for $395 and includes: Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist) and Parking Steering Assistant (Park Assist).
The 2016 e-Golf is offered with Volkswagen’s five-year/60,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and three-year/36,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty. The e-Golf also has a battery limited warranty that covers eight years or 100,000 miles against 70 percent capacity. E-Golf owners should see their VW dealers for more information about these limited warranties.