The Jetta Sportwagen is now the Golf Sportwagen!
Based on the award-winning Mark 7 Golf, the all-new Golf SportWagen replaces the outgoing Jetta SportWagen
- Thrifty 1.8T TSI® Golf SportWagen models will be offered
- Pricing starts at $21,395 for the S model with manual transmission: a content adjusted reduction of $700 over the previous base Jetta SportWagen
- Newly available driver assistance technology includes Forward Collision Warning system and Automatic Post-Collision Braking System
- Based on flexible Modular Transverse Matrix (MQB) architecture, this all-new car weighs up to 137 pounds less than outgoing Jetta SportWagen
- All-new Golf SportWagen offers increased cargo volume, matching compact SUVs for size and versatility
- TDI models removed for 2016
Golf SportWagen 1.8T S
The SportWagen 1.8T S has a starting MSRP of $21,395 and features a standard turbocharged and direct-injection1.8-liter engine; 15-inch aluminum-alloy wheels; Bluetooth® technology; a touchscreen radio; Sirius XM® Satellite Radio trial; a Media Device Interface (MDI) with smartphone integration; V-tex leatherette seating surfaces; power windows; power door locks; and air conditioning. An automatic transmission is available as an $1,100 option.
Golf SportWagen 1.8T SE
Available only with the six-speed automatic transmission, the SE starts at $26,995 and adds the following features over the S: 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels; front foglights; a panoramic sunroof; KESSY® keyless access with push-button start; a rearview camera, and the Fender® Premium Audio System. An optional Lighting package is available for $995 and includes Bi-Xenon headlights with the Adaptive Front-lighting System, LED DRLs, and ambient interior lighting with LED interior reading lights. The $695 Driver Assistance package includes the Forward Collision Warning System and front and rear Park Distance Control.
Golf SportWagen 1.8T SEL
Building on the specifications and layout of the TSI SE, the top gasoline-powered SportWagen trim starts at $29,345 and adds: 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels; silver roof rails; a navigation system; Climatronic® automatic air conditioning; sport comfort seats with a 12-way power driver’s seat; and ambient lighting with LED interior reading lights. The Lighting and Driver Assistance packages are available on the SEL as well.